Profile picture for bobbies202

i am going to buy in fayetteville nc cash sale my ? buyer agent or attorney

• June 17 2011 - Fayetteville
  • 0

When I invest in the stock market I go to my investment broker, not my banker. My point is that both are in the financial service profession, however my investment broker is more knowledgable in the stock market. An attorney knows the right forms to fill out and the procedures for a real estate transaction, but mostly not about the real estate market. I know you value your cash, do it smart, get educated somewhat in real estate, interview with a buyers agent, and make a wise decision. I've done both, cash purchases with and without agents, however if the seller is paying for commission and possibly some or all closing, you can't go wrong by choosing a knowledgable professional in the market.

go with a local realtor who represents you, not the seller.....I work nearby, if you need a referral. Do you already have the house picked out?

Thanks for your question "bobbies202".  Being a Realtor I recommend using one.  They work for you for free and are more than capable of getting the job done.  I do not know, but I think an attorney would cost you $$$$.

If you need a referral, I know of a couple of good ones I can refer to you and explain why I like them.

Good luck, hope this helps.

I am a realtor and I say go with whom ever you're most comfortable with. If you need to find a home to buy, then I would suggest a realtor. All of our forms and contracts have been reviewed & revised by attorneys. My clients are always welcome to have an attorney review any and all contracts before they sign them.

I would recommend both.  If a home is listed with a real estate agent, it has already been arranged for the buyer's agent's commission to be paid by the seller (in most cases), so there's no real reason for you to not take advantage of their services.  They will guide you through negotiations and the purchase, and insure that you have all of your paperwork and inspections in order to protect your interests.  The attorney is there to do a thorough title search, acquire title insurance, prepare the deed, and handle the closing transaction on whatever property you choose to buy.  Good luck on your purchase!