Profile picture for bigingz

i am in the process of buying a second home. Is there any programs available to help me.

• July 04 2009 - North Miami
  • 0

There is no difference in financing between a primary residence and a second home. If you have 20% to put down you will get the exact same pricing and you won't have a problem if you qualify. The problem with second homes is above 80% loan to value because no MI company will insure it. If you have 20% down and the income, no problem.

I work mostly with 2nd home purchasers and investment property purchasers along the Gulf Coast of Alabama.  I am not sure what you mean by programs available to help you, but there are loans available for 2nd homes.  Mostly you will find that you will have to put down at least 25%.  A lot of people in this area are using the equity in their primary residence to purchase because prices seem to be hopefully at the bottom (who knows). 

I am not aware of any either, but I would love if there was one.  I'm in a huge 2nd home area of FL on the Gulf.

I would ask the lender board here if they know of any, but I have not seen any programs that are for second homes at all myself. The lenders are very up date though so if there is a program out there, they will know about it.