Profile picture for xyr
  • xyr

i am totally disabled for life on ss disability& spouse recvs 70% va disbility inc. & process of ss

DISABLED 1 this will be in 4-6 sections has to be lower than 2000 characters wish i couldlink to a web form..these will start with disabled 1,2,3,4,5,6 please help hi as i said I have been totally disabled since 2000 . i recv'e 940.00 a month & will be asking them to review.I .just found out they have wrong amount from begnning they are missing some of my employment & my disability check should have started at 1300.00 back in 2000 instead of 740.00 back in 2000...anyway i have 3 yrs college & will never be able to work again.... its taken 9 yrs for me to accept this but there isnt a cure for this disorder. so I just have to accept & make the best out of what i can...chris (my spouse of 14 yrs)-(we were going to get married 3 months into relationship but his family had illnesses- his father 86- severe alzheimers,(passed in 2005) now his mother 82-severe alzheimers, my mother passed age 56, my fathr passed 3 yrs ago age 64, his father passed. Now his mother is living w/ us because her alzheimers..and she will be goingto a place that has the proper medical & memory care that she requires at this stage. we cant take care of her anymore..our health isn't well enough to care for the end of stage 4 alzheimers ..it wont be long before she will be passing. she needs medical care in the proper facility...anyways both of us had excellent credit..back in 2004 i had fico credit score of 760 I had one late payment in 1994 on my 1994 camaro..that was the only detrimental item on credit reports (all 3 cb's) CONT'D 2CND
  • June 27 2009 - US

Profile picture for Lady Chattel
I have to agrew with Pasa and workabee. 

At my local Walmart the greeter is a gentleman who is in a wheelchair.......he has no legs.......he has only one arm......yet he gets up and goes and has a job.......and he seems fine and getting along with only one limb and has been working there for quite some years......now, he seems to me like someone who would qualify as disabled......but I don't think he qualifies himself as such.

Life is a state of mind......think it and you shall be it.  

Profile picture for workabee
Everyone has has story when their hand is out. Compassion is great but saying no makes people deal with their own problems before they can pull others into their mess. 

Profile picture for blue screen exile
What, you want "compassion" for fiction writers that can't even write good fiction, and obviously have ulterior motives?

And even if the fake story was true, you want to have someone own a home that obviously has no ablity to care for the home and no financial resources to get others to maintain the property, and claims that the only family members care so little for them that they would just throw food through a door and slam it, with no contact, treating the family members as prisoners?

The poster is not looking to buy a home, the poster is asking for a home-makeover - GIVE-AWAY including all property and other resources.  The person doesn't even qualify for a home-makeover even if someone recommended it, and attempting ownership would only cause bankruptsy.

So, since you are so "compassionate"; why don't you buy this party a home and give it to them outright?  You can pick up something in Mississippi for about $15k total.

Profile picture for natewolf
WOW, lots of un-feeling and hard hearted answers from some of the professionals on this site. Shameful!
XYR, I recently helped a couple who was disabled to purchase their first home in Charlotte, NC. The wife has a severe brain injury and hip replacement and the husband has other physical disabilities. With the help of their families, it was determined that a home nearby to the family was an excellent choice for them.

They qualified for an FHA Loan, got down payment assistance, qualified for a tax rebate, and got a tax abatement from the County. They saved a substantial amount on their living expenses compared to the apartment they had been living in. The family is glad to see them enjoying their new home-- which is twice a big as their apartment as well.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
"Totally Disabled"?  Then who is doing the typing???

The only "home" that is suitable to anyone that is "totally disabled" is a Skilled Nursing Facility.  Medicare typically will pay, but you likely would also have to hand over the rest of the Social Security payment to cover the deductible and food and other costs not covered by Medicare.

I hope all that venting made you feel better.  You have been through a terrible time.

But, in the end, there is no 'why'.  There is only 'what'.  Rule of law says you, and everyone else in the country, must meet certain criteria to be eligible for a home loan.  On these pages, you can find question after question and nightmare situation after nightmare situation showing what happens when loopholes were used to make home loans.  Those loopholes, which helped create a world-wide crisis, are now closing and only 'what' is left. 

And the question is???

Profile picture for blue screen exile
Clearly the only "dissability" is "dilussion", and the use of an "alias" to write a sob-story.

I know people that have had their necks broken in collissions that cannot use their arms or legs, and they are much more "functional".  I know people that have been completely blind since birth, and they get around just fine and read very well.  I know people that have had no work for over two years and no "savings" and no "government assistance" nor "social security"; and they are still surviving.

So the person pretending to be a size 0 married woman (that likely is an unmarried man weighing 400 pounds), knows that posts are limited to 2000 characters, but doesn't know they can post to existing threads?  And just created the profile today to attempt to write a fiction novel?

Profile picture for Jon Petersen
is this a 12 part pity me post, or is there a question here

How about the reader's digest version of your story and question(s)?

I promise you I'm not going to read 12 chapters (or however many you end up with).