Profile picture for steve_rubio

i have a rental in portland oregon...fixed rate 5.875- bal due 190,000. --What best rates for fixed

• April 14 2009 - Portland
  • 0

You are not going to improve much.

Investment properties are not as much fun to finance as they used to be.  I Just did one of my own for about that rate.

At the very least, think 5/1 ARM.

If you can handle the monthly payments, the rates on a 15-yr loan are still pretty attractive

Profile picture for djzag9
I am in the same boat as you.  Trying to refi was such a pain, best options were either to move back in for a year.  I've considered when my lease is up modifying the lease w. my tenant as a room-mate type deal where I am the main occupant of the house.  Then refinancing.

Doubt you will do much better then what you have now....rentals generally run about 1% higher than a loan on a primary residence.

-r

Steve, put a loan request in on Zillow.  We can't quote you through the discussion boards.