i need advice on buying and selling real estate

I have two houses that need repairs and have been told I would need to sell them to an investor. I want to buy a condo in Birmingham after I sell at least one of the houses. One is a rental which and need to sell first.
Can you give me advice on where I would start, who I could contact that could handle all transactions,  etc.  I am clueless
  • December 02 2013 - Gardendale
  • 0

The same agent who lists your properties can help you find a condo in Birmingham.  Where are the properties that you want to sell?

I would start to ask friends and family who could recommend a real estate professional they have worked in the past. If they nobody start some online searches with professionals who have specialist in sale of rental properties and investment properties. They most likely will have investors on their buyers list. 

As well a good start is here on Zillow. You can find out about brokerage and agents in your neighborhood. Interview a few and go with the one you most feel comfortable with and who understand your needs.

Annett T. Block
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Contact several Realtors in your area. Talk to friends or open a phone book and make some calls. Interview agents and pick one you like and can work with. Talk with a lender to understand that side of purchasing. All this is free so take advantage of it.

tim