i need to know what a home was worth in January 2011 how do I find this?

I am selling a home that I inherited and need to know what it was worth at the time I inherited it
  • February 20 2012 - Justice

Profile picture for Shannon Rose
You should be able to use your multiple listing service and search the criteria within the given dates you are looking for. I have completed searches for seller's to show the change in value over the years and the change in the market. If your listing service does not offer this, I would reach out to one of your appraisal partners for assistance.

Profile picture for LAUREL JAQUES
I would suggest getting an appraisal on the property. It is called a "retrospective value". I used to do them all the time for estate attorneys when I worked as an appraiser.  It would be considered more reliable than a valuation model from a computer, particularly if there are nuances if the neighborhood that a computer would not factor in.

Which browser are you using?   I'm using Firefox.  

The price does not show up on the graph for me no matter what I try. 

The location of the numbers on the Zestimate graph changed, so now you may need to look in the left corner as you scroll your cursor right to left. Here's a screen shot of a random house:   

Zillow usually makes this tool available on their website, however, if for some reason you can not use it because for that specific property is not available just go on eppraisal.com they should have it.

When I scroll down on the graph it does not show the price like it used to

When I was in a similar situation recently, the estate attorney suggested (strongly recommended) getting the input from an appraiser at a cost of about $400.    If you wish to start with a Zestimate, open the home details page and scroll down to the graph.