Profile picture for KelliSaiz

i need to short sale my house/ how do i go about doing so?

• July 15 2012 - Annapolis
  • 0

Please feel free to visit my website. We can assit you from start to finish. We have a high success rate with completing Short Sales through-out Maryland. You can contact me [website and phone removed by Zillow moderator] and I would be more than happy to explain to you the process.

Hello Kelli, please let me know if you need an agent in Annapolis to assist you in the (short) sale of your home. I am an agent in Columbia and have professionals that I can recommend.

Speak with an agent who has shortsale experience. They will give you an idea of the items you will need in order to move forward and explain the process to you. There are legal and tax (monetary) ramifications to doing a short sale and you should also speak with your accountant and attorney. There may be other options for you...make sure to get good advice!

Team Kern

Before contacting agents, investigate what it takes to be qualified for a short sale.   Simply being underwater is not enough, one has to have a hardship that can be documented (e.g. job loss, divorce, death etc). 

Yes definitely contact someone who has done a short sales before. A lot of my clients contacted their banks before they hired me to list their properties. Also when looking for an agent you want to make sure they are competent and good at communicating in a timely manner this will play a major part in getting your transaction done in the "quickest" time possible.
[logo removed by Zillow moderator]

I agree with Craig.  The most qualified real estate agents to short sale your home will have a CDPE designation.  Check the CDPE.com directory for a professional in your area.

Start with my informative [website removed by Zillow moderator] We have a large inventory of Short Sale properties and are fully staffed to handle the entire process from start to finish. [promotion removed by Zillow moderator] 

I would suggest going to CDPE.com and select a Certified Distressed Property expert to assist you. They have received specialized training in processing short sales. I suggest you interview a few and see how many short sales they have done in the past couple of years. Be sure to speak to some of their recent clients to get verbal testimonials of their skillset.

Start with a competent agent who has completed these types of deals before. I would also reccomend you hire an attorney or service that will help you negotiate with your bank(s). I know a good short sale attorney, if you're interested in talking to them. They can guide you through the process as well as tell you if you're in a good position to execute one or not. Shoot me an email or give me a call.