Profile picture for catenabonita

i own 1/2 of 5 homes in Bellevue WA with my brother, real estate attorney, Chris Benis. I want to s

sell out my half of one home in order to get $150K then i can sell $100K of a one of my stocks in order to get the cash to buy a foreclosed home for //$260 in Carlsbad.  Recently Bank of America made an error of depositing my money into my savings instead of checking, then i bounced 8 cheques while $95K was sitting in Bank of America!  They wrote a letter taking responsibility for this mistake, but as a result WELLS FARGO closed my account and my credit rating dropped!  How do I fix this?  I am looking to either rent a home in the next week or perhaps buy one!  Please help!  I think my credit score is below 600 and I have more money than I ever have and have been paying off creditors and medical bills!    
  • January 09 2012 - Carlsbad
  • 0

I can tell you that paying off things without getting the creditors to delete them is a mistake. I can also tell you that for real advice I would go to the forums at www.myfico.com and they will help.
Don't be surprised that they ask for specifics, like what company and ratios, it all matters.

Rephrase: It isn't a mistake to pay people you owe. Just don't expect paying off negative marks on your credit report to raise scores...it won't. But negotiating to get them to remove it if you pay it will raise scores, because it removes the negative.

Profile picture for Rada Ann Labe
Hi!  Sorry to hear about your mishaps.  [promotion and contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines] on the market. 
Best of luck to you.
Regards,
Rada