i recently won my ssdi claim i only get 1176 per month and that is roughly the amount to cover my ho

March 06 2012 - Worcester

The culture at the V.A. is very different from the military. There is a lot more respect there. There is still hurry up and wait in the system however. Be sure to talk to your local V.A. clinic and ask for help or the V.A .hospital. Either one should be able to help you out some.

This is the site to your local V.A. clinic.
http://www.healthgrades.com/group-directory/massachusetts-ma/worcester/worcester-va-outpatient-clinic-cc33ed80

As a vet myself I would like to hear how things work out for you.

First, look at http://va.gov. I would look at your local state veterans affairs office and talk to them. They may have some programs you would be eligible for. If you have not done so already it is possible that you will be able to put a claim in for disabilities from your service. If this is correct apply for every problem at once. It will hurt you by law doing them one at a time instead.

You may find you can qualify for V.A. vocational rehab. It is worth checking into. As your income and assets are limited I would also look at your state dept. of human services. You may find you are eligible for food stamps and perhaps even section 8 (subsidized) housing.

There are different organizations like the DAV and each state has an organization that helps veterans to work within the V.A. system.
http://www.mass.gov/veterans/ is the state representative you would want to talk to.  http://www.dav.org/ is the DAV for another option. There is at least one more organization but I can not remember who it is now.
You need to have someone like that help you process any claims you might have. It helps to have someone on your side who knows the system.

Look below to see what benefits the state may offer you as a vet.
http://www.military.com/benefits/content/veteran-state-benefits/massachusetts-state-veterans-benefits.html

A few years ago there was a big push by the V.A. to find and take care of homeless vets. I am not assuming you are homeless or heading there. I am simply pointing out that the V.A. may be able to give you more assistance you you might think in areas you might not have considered if you ask.

The V.A. will be probably be slow to help also (but perhaps not). However, if it takes 9 months to get something you need starting now gives you some results in 9 months. If you wait it will only take that much longer. I do not have all of your answers. I can only give you a starting point and set you on the way that may lead to where you need to be.

its barely enough to cover the basics im a disabled vet and looking for work within my parameters i never used any federal loans, but im perplexed heading towards broke as i spent any savings providing for my famuily as the government toojk their time to decide my case. im in a mental twist!

Your post was cut off. Post a reply here so we can see the rest of what you wanted to say.

Sounds like it's enough to use towards a mortgage. Now is a great time to buy a home!