Profile picture for wyndie martin

i showed my client a house, the listing agent called him and cut me out of the transaction

the listing agent/owner said she would only work with him and carry back if she didnt have to pay my comission.  she expired the listing and they are waiting to go into contract  he has hired painters, landscapers and pool repair person and they are getting the house fixed up.  it was totally unethicalsince i showed him the house!  i am out a $12,000 comission.  any suggestions?  thanks
  • May 01 2012 - Anaheim
  • 0

First, compile proof that this house was shown by you. Secondly, find an exclusive buyer that was signed by your client; if you don't make this a standard practice as you conduct business, start doing it. Have your broker and the other realtors broker hash it out. If that produces nothing, time to go to the proper authority for mediation.

When you said that you showed your "client" a house I assume that you have a signed Buyer Agency agreement.  I suggest that you contact the Broker of the listing agency immediately. So sorry to hear that there are agents out there performing this way, shame on the agent!!!

Profile picture for Mike Patel
That agent seems to be unethical and hungry for business. If your buyer buys through him after you initiated the showings etc, you are due commissions.. Talk to your broker/manager: I

When I was a realtor I included a clause in all of my agency agreements that stated if a client purchased a home that I showed them even after our agreement had expired I was due the commission. If the buyer is willing to put what you said in writing I would definitely file a omplaint. This may even be a legal matter that can be taken to civil court. But I would start with the local real estate commssion and/or arbutration. Good luck.

Profile picture for NinaHarris
Take it to arbitration.

Profile picture for craigfial
Ethics complaint to your local Board of Realtors.

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
In my state, your option is the courts.