Profile picture for livinsloher

i was given a heloc loan but chase gave the $ and then realized they forgot to get me to sign lien

so now they have locked the rest of the money (which I do not care) but I would like to have better terms if this would be possible since rates have gone down. My credit is perfect and chase also holds my loan on my home I just purchased...
  • March 04 2009 - California
  • 0

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
nate, i hate you sometimes... was it really necessary to use the NAR banner? its like a religion with you, isnt it? have faith in yun, he will deliver us unto the promised lands...

speak to the boss of the person who did the loan, make it clear what you were promised and what you agreed to and inform them that that is what you are willing to sign... as much as you are holding them hostage, they are kindof doing it to you too

Profile picture for livinsloher
Thanks...but who do I discuss this with? I did speak to the person who took down my information...or did my loan. So maybe I will be more assertive...I am just getting the run around with no answers

Profile picture for livinsloher
by the way when I tried speaking about what I had a problem with the higher interest I was told I needed to take out more money to get the lower interest rate...but that was not what I was told...so I did not sign...this heloc is my debt and I have been paying it but I want to renegotiate what I was told from the beginning...I am just hoping I have that chance or leverage that someone will look into it for me...

Profile picture for natewolf

Unfortunately, this will entail different departments at the bank and their goals and decisions are not dependent on each other.

You will definitely need a VP somewhere to get this straightened out. And it depends who actually underwrote you loan.

I would approach it more from the perspective of finding the highest (raising a scene???) executive available to handle this as a customer relations issue. But holding them hostage is likely just to find them suing you and not adjusting the original terms/rates.

Profile picture for livinsloher
No... I am paying and have no problem paying but some of the things as far as interest was given higher then I was first told...

Profile picture for SeattleHome.com
Sounds like you're trying to get a favor from the same bank that you're not planning on paying back for a heloc.  Would you do it if you were them?  Straighten out the heloc with the correct signatures, and I'm sure you can work on a refi if your credit is perfect.