Profile picture for noraearhart

if i purchase a small home, and have my 20% down, can I qualify if social security is my income?

• November 03 2011 - Dearborn Heights
  • 0

Social security is as good an income as any when applying for a mortgage. It simply has to be expected to continue indefinitely.

The only issues are your debt to income ratios and credit score. Then it comes down to what you can qualify for and what is really affordable for you each month.

"How to determine what you can safely afford to pay towards your monthly mortgage payment. Lenders may give a different number. "