Profile picture for anano

if ma not a sitizen can i buy a house ?? if so , do i get 8000 tax credit ?

• October 26 2009 - Bloomington
  • 0

Profile picture for anano
thank you , every one

• Ice L.Zillow

You need to call the IRS directly. If you are not a citizen or do not have the legal status to file taxes, I don't think that the IRS will issue you the 8000 credit. However, that is a specific tax question and you need a tax professional or the IRS to give you the 100% answer. You can call the IRS directly 800-829-1040, explain your situation, ask if you are eligible for the credit and how you would receive the money. It is free so go to the source.

Profile picture for klarek the realist
Most agents are NOT honest, they'll just say whatever it takes to get a sale.

Anano - I understand your concern... most agents are honest, but there are some that have been blinded by their own personal financial struggles in this market.  If you need an introduction to someone, I am glad to help - i know people EVERYWHERE and the fact that I can not help you personally shows that my input would not be biased.

It sounds like you are in a position to be able to buy.  A short conversation may be able to create clarity if you are open to discussion.  Again - the fact that I can not help you directly and have no "financial skin" in the game can put you at rest that I only am here to offer sound advice. =0)

Chris Brown

http://www.mortgagechiliblog.com

Profile picture for anano
yah , i am already pre-aproved , i do have SSN and i also have minnesota I'D , my agent told me that i dont need anything else if i wana buy a house , but when i tell peple that am not sitizen they tell me you have to make sure that you able to but house ! so am still not sure !! my agent pobably want just to sell me the house , am not sure if i should trust him or not

I have on my site [at the risk of spamming here - forgive me if seen that way] a link to the 21 Most Frequently Asked questions about the Tax Credit.  You may find the whole list helpful. http://www.OrlandoMortgagePro.com

Chris

Profile picture for bagnn
Hi, are you a Resident - Green Card Holder?
TPS? Work permit?

The most important thing is that to obtain the UP TO $8,000 tax credit you must close by November 30th.

Are you already pre approved?

Benito.

You would need to be a resident alien to qualify for the program - as well as meeting all the other criteria for the program. The home would also have to be your primary residence - it could not be a second home or vacation home.

Here's how the IRS defines resident alien and non resident alien. Non resident aliens are not qualified for the tax credit.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html