im new to the housing market and im looking for something affordable and close to my work

i currently live in fremont and i work in sandusky so its a commute for me with the high gas prices. im looking for something i can afford and that is somewhat decent. any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

October 10 2012 - US

You should be working with a good real estate agent that can guide you through the process and give you information that allows you to make an informed decision. They should also send you the best properties that match your criteria and when you are ready to buy, help with your selection.

Find a real estate agent that has been in the business a while and you like their personality. Once you decide on who you want to work with you need to be loyal to them in return for the time they spend helping you. They work on commission. 

It's always smart to have others on your team working in your best interest.

The first thing you should do is find a Realtor in your area, to help guide you, it is a very involved process. I always recommend that you interview at least three Realtors and see which one is the best fit for you. You can go to my website at www.MarylandHomesbyLynn.com and there is a list of questions that would be a good start on what questions to ask. If you need any help to find a Realtor in your area don't hesitate to call, I can help you with that by referring you to an agent. I wish you the best on your house hunt.