Profile picture for NPatel77

in which city would you recommend buying a house based on the explanation below.

So I recently relocated for a new job in Oxnard.  Am starting to research cities where I might consider looking for a permanent residence.    I thought about Thousand Oaks and others up there but would rather stay closer and where it is cooler.    SO narrowed down to 93010 or 93021 (not specific to those zip but didn't allow me to write cities for some odd reason).    I know its a personal choice but need your opinions on a neighborhood where relatively quiet (not super quiet), safe, appreciation in home value and rent demand (if work forces me to move again).     Thanks in Advance.      NICK
  • June 08 - Moorpark

I have lived and worked in Camarillo over 15 years.  I also own investment properties in Camarillo, but the numbers only work when you have a substantial equity position.  Possibly, renting awhile may actually be the most prudent approach for you.  Let's plan to sit down for 30 minutes and chat about your specific situation and goals.  Thanks!
  • June 09

Profile picture for NPatel77
what about in terms on appreciation in home price and also which area is easier to rent if needed later on. 
  • June 09

Neighborhoods are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider further researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you.
  • June 09

Hi Nick,

Both are great cities. Camarillo is a bit cooler in temperature, but it does have an airport, therefore make sure you're not in the flight path. Moorpark is a very nice city as well, though there are a few spots I would steer clear of. Let me know if you need any further information.

Good luck,

Todd Kaufman
Keller Williams Exclusive Properties
  • June 08