Profile picture for dccusa21

incorect ales information.

We bought our home 3 years ago and paid 500,000. Myzillow does not show a record of the sale and I feel your zestimate is incorrect. You are showing a value of 460,000. Recent sales in my development with the same style house have sold for between 515,000 and 530,00 within the past few months. How can I see a change in this improper value? Laurie from Long Island.

December 08 2007 - US

Hi Laurie-

Kindly provide us your complete address so we can further look into this.

We hope to hear from you soon.

As for the recent sales in your area, we would like to inform you that we rely on public facts. It generally takes a few weeks before sales from the county records are passed through our data providers and show up in the Zillow database on the Home details page.

Profile picture for dccusa21
Hi thankyou for getting back to me. We closed on our house November 30, 2004. My full address is 16 Berkshire Road Holbrook NY. We are in suffolk county Long Island. Our purchase price was 500,000. Also the picture of the home for our address is incorrect. When 16 berkshire road is searched the neighbor two doors down is shown. Thanks for your concern. Laurie Curry.

Profile picture for dccusa21

Hi I still did not hear back from you and my house is undervalued by 70,000 dollars. My neighbors house is at 517,000 and a recent sale of a house exactly like ours is valued at 570,000.Please get back to us soon. Thanks Laurie

Hi Laurie -

We apologize for the late response.

As for the wrong location of your property, since we receive house location, street map, and satellite image data from different sources, sometimes the houses don’t appear in their exact correct location on the map. This problem only impacts the map itself and not the home facts and Zestimates on the website which is associated with the correct home.

Right now, we are experiencing some problems with our "Edit home location" feature. As soon as this is resolved, you may edit the location of your property. However, to acquire the "Edit Location" feature, you need to initially post the home for sale. Click "Post for sale" to do this. After posting the home for sale, click "Edit Location" and reposition your location by dragging the house icon across the map. You may delete the posting as soon as you have moved the location if necessary. You may also use the "Make Me Move" posting instead of posting your home for sale.

With regards to your Zestimate value, one possible reason why you have a lower value is that your property doesn't have any sale history. Kindly provide the address that you are comparing your home with so that we can further check on it. We would also be looking into the missing sale transaction for your home.

Thank you for your patience.

Why is my home's zestimate declining rapidly while my neighbor's stays the same?
Latest reply by wetdawgs
I see the Zillow estimate of my home's value dropped 20% literally overnight!!
Profile picture for scmorelli
Latest reply by scmorelli
Zillow Consistency on Values
  • Posted by parrots1700
  • In Zestimates
Can zillow be so wrong in its esimate?
How does Zillow zestimate the houses that are listed?
  • Posted by user0549690
  • In Zestimates