Profile picture for crios323

is a yearly rate of 6.015% too high for a first time home buyer, with an interest rate of 5.25%?

• October 18 2009 - Los Angeles
  • 0

Profile picture for crios323
Yes I'm buying with an FHA program, with 3.5% down and the proerty is a foreclosure. The loan amomount will be for 265K and I have good credit of 710 or better.

Profile picture for The Carrabba Group

I think that seems high depending on your credit history

Please contact me so I can have a mortgage professional contact you to determine if that is fair BUT it does seem high for an interest rate on a first time home.

Best,

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group

From the APR spread, I am assuming this is an FHA loan. Unless your credit score is below 620 and/or there are special circumstances, it's probably not a very good deal. 

Please post your situation and it will be easier to evaluate what you have been offered.

Loan Amount
Credit score
Down payment
Property type
Etc.