Profile picture for pstress

is there a listing of agents ranked by sales and location

• April 21 2011 - Knoxville

In many cities there are organizations that post the top agents in the area based upon a multitude of categories. Around these parts its called platinum top 50. might want to look into a similar organization in your area.

Profile picture for TeamJoeYoung
I might try searching here on zillow and see what past clients might be saying about them or for a more complete list, realtor.com has a good agent search but again there is no sales record on that site either.  Hope this helps.

Profile picture for TeamSandyBlanton
We don't have anything like that here... While awards recognizing the top Realtors in individual boards were once commonplace, it seems that the current MLS systems are designed to "protect the weak". It is unfortunate as I believe in a little friendly competition and it would be great knowledge for the public as well. That said, most large real estate companies still recognize their top listing agents on local and national levels. These lists won't compare agents at competing companies (i.e. Keller Williams vs. Coldwell Banker) though.

My advice: Look around at local advertising. The top agents may have advertising that stakes their claim in your market. At the very least, you're likely to see the faces of the most successful agents on listing signs, public transit buses, and TV commercials etc all over your market area. 

usually just small elite 25 lists thart are made up by their members.. Swag!

The short answer to your question is no.  That said, I think it's a great question.  It suggests that you have a home to sell and you are interested in finding an agent that has been successful in selling properties in your area.  I can provide you with such a list, however, If I'm not on that list it doesn't mean I'm not the agent for the job.  You show me agent that' "hot" in one area and I'll show you an agent that's "not hot" in a bunch of areas!  I would interview at least three agents that, preferably, come to you on the basis of a personal referral.  Consider their time in the business (experience), communication skills, and their marketing plan.  I would really appreciate competing for your business!  I'm confident that I will win even if I'm not the "hot" agent in your area. Thanks for a great question.

We have in our office the capability of getting all agent sales that are thru the Knoxville MLS,

Profile picture for Dunes....
No..the thought of a Real Rating system does not appeal to many many Agents IMO so there is little push to have a legitimate rating system. Most see it as a Lead Generator not anything more...

They are far more comfortable with one like Zillows where you Solicit the "Reviews" for the most part so you can have all 5 Star Reviews or other one's like Google's where Agents give each other Reviews so they am all be Super Stars

This may interest you..A link to a current ActiveRain Blog where some Realtors are discussing Reviews

Is Your Competition Thrashing Your Online Reputation?

My suggestion is always interview a few. Since there is not a central database of agent performance, anything you read online is going to have a bias of some level. Have a short interview with a few agents in your home or a coffee shop to get a feel for them. Ask them to bring their past 12 months of sales, days on market...average sales price...etc..

Thanks for your question.  I do not believe there is but you can search for an agent on Zillow and read client reviews of them.

Good luck, hope this helps.