Profile picture for tdennin

is there a way to change settings to get rid of maps?

A few days ago when I would view the zillow page I would see pictures of houses with some info and I could search by price, DOM, etc, and only click on maps if I wanted to. Now there is a huge map on the page permanently (that I cant seem to delete) and only small picture of houses on the bottom with no way of modifying the search. Some settings must have changed. Please help me get the page setting back to "normal". Thanks.
  • January 29 2011 - Atlanta
  • 0

Hi tdenin,
Right now, you can't. We've had very clear feedback, since we lauched the new search experience, that many miss the old list view.

We're actively working on a way to give those who want the bigger list experience while still keeping the improvements we made to the map shopping experience.

Kristin

Profile picture for ricbell753
I dont know what happened but Zillow looks like a mapping tool . I thought something was wrong with the site. I thought it was for real estate. It looks really stupid . Instead of looking at homes all you get are maps now. Good way to go out of business. Like selling new cars with charts. Back to Realtor.com .At least you see houses not maps.Visually it is not very enticing to look at a map

Profile picture for Blue in d Nile
There is a very easy way to make the map disappear, but it won't change the size of the list box nor the gallery.

If you don't want to "see" the map, click on "tools" in your browser, then choose "add-ons", then find "shockwave flash" and "disable" each occurrence.  The maps cannot show up if flash is not enabled.

I can't stand it for a few second.  It forced me to never go back to zillow again.  I hate this huge map slap it on your face, especially I have a 27 inches screen.  What am I going to do with this big map?  When I have no interested in looking at the map.  Its such an awful decision maker by Zillow management group.  Its so annoying and I think Zillow already that less people will visit their site from now on.

Profile picture for HaroldssApparell
Thank you for the posts.  I thought it was me.  The maps make no sense.  I want to see houses.  Not maps.  I know the are I'm searching.  I will also look somewhere else.

I HATETHE NEW SEARCH SETTINGS ON ZILLOW... The map should not see outside the list.... it should be posted inside the details of the property not the outside. or it should view little space than the details at the right corner.. i cant encode zestimate quickly due to this changes... >_<

I HAVE THE NEW SEARCH SETTINGS ON ZILLOW... The map should now see outside the list.... it should be posted inside the details of the property not the outside... i cant encode zestimate quickly due to this changes... >_<

Profile picture for wmharper9
I agree with everyone here, the new maps view is terrible, please allow list view again, or I'm off to trulia.