Profile picture for jsl505720

is this in a flood plane and how come such a major drop in sale price from 2008?

Trying to make up for lost time Tim! You seem to have a lot of interest in the Delaware Forum. Are you moving hear sometime soon? 

Warm Regards, 

Dustin & Mariya

February 17 2013
Sorry but I agree with Wetdogs, not necessarily the way he said it. Why are we bringing up a 3 year old post. You might as well start a blog about it since I doubt that poster will see your reply. I see you have made 7 contributions, I hope not all to 3+ year old posts. We try to answer questions here to help those asking them and your input to those could be helpful if done sooner than in 3 years.

Well stated Myra Lee! The good news is that the foreclosures are beginning to abate and we are seeing price increases throughout the county. It won't be long until we are in a seller's market again...

Warm Regards, 

Dustin

[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Yes Wetdawgs, I did see the dates in gray, thank you for your interest. :)    I answered the questions because I thought they were very relevant to properties in the Millsboro area, I'm sure other buyers who are searching homes in this area will have the same questions.  You have a lot of posts in Zillow, but are we supposed to be chatting in this space?    Does Zillow have a chat room?

February 24 2012
Hi Myra:  Welcome to Zillow. Have you noticed that the posts have dates on them?  They are in grey in the lower left corner.  

February 24 2012
Yes, this address is located in a flood plane.  If you have a mortgage, the mortgage company will require flood insurance.  If you do not have a mortgage, flood insurance is optional.

Sale prices in Sussex County have been dropping, as they have all over the country, since the financial markets crashed on Wall Street in 2008.  A flood of foreclosures (forgive the pun) have been affecting our market by driving down home prices. 

February 24 2012