looking for hard money lender

I'm a licensed real estate agent in Strongsville, Ohio, But need help finding hard money lenders that will work with new investors. Any help is appreciated.

March 03 - US

Doug, thank you for your input. I represent many investors that buy and hold or flip homes. And I've found it hard to meet great contacts ( hard money lenders ) like they use. I simply do not want to mix my business with my clients, if that makes sense. Leanne and Francis. Thank you for your input. Hard money is not the most ideal route to go, but it is definitely different than dealing with the Fannie,Freddie, HUD guidelines. Plus those lending institutions do not really offer investor friendly products. In the end, I was just looking for some input. As a realtor, I represent investment companies all over and know what product I need to get started. The hard part is finding the right private money investor. Again, thank you for all of your input. Terry Boyles Russell Real Estate Services

March 05
Forgive Zillows customer support... she might not be clear on what a hard money lender actually is. I view "hard money" lender as a "private investor" that does not use bank guidelines or fannie mae guidelines, Maybe I'm mistaken but even mortgage companies that have investor groups use these guidelines.
If you question is asking how to locate private lending from an entity other than a bank or mortgage company (which I believe is what your asking)... here's a couple tips.

#1. Local attorneys are the best place to ask about private investors & hard money lending, many attorneys know of wealthy retired folks, business owners, etc. who do private loans.

#2. Their are online forums that many investors and rehabbers use as a community that you can try to become active with.

After you've been a Realtor for a very long time and you work with the local rehab folks, cash buyers, etc. you can ask them and the attorneys they use to learn...

Best Wishes!

March 05
I think the best question is WHY are you looking at hard money instead of traditional financing? There are many loans that allow up to ten financed properties, and most have no prepayment penalties. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk more about it.

March 05
Profile picture for Francis Ignacio
Hi Terry -

Kindly click this link to view lenders in our Find a Pro directory within the Strongsville, Ohio area.

You can also visit our Zillow Help Center/Zillow Agent Help Center for other helpful information.

Francis Ignacio

March 05