Profile picture for gabishops

looking that is currently rented. Renters saythey put lighting fixtures in & taking them. Legal?

I have no proof that they are their fixtures, but I do not want to them to trash the house before they leave. This is a short sale.

May 25 2009 - Debary

Light fixtures are typically part of the property.  They should replace
'theirs' with the originals or ones of similar value.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel
If they put the current fixtures in why not ask them where the other ones are, maybe they have them in storage and planned on installing them back in when they left.   I had my landlord's washer/dryer put in the basement storage so I could have my much nicer, energy efficient ones to use and when I leave I will put his back in place. If there was no fixture there to begin with cause the owner of the house took them when they moved and rented it, then be prepared to buy some fixturesifyou buy it.

See if you can find a copy of thier lease. I wouldn't worry about the light fixtures. OSH has nice ones for about 7 bucks a piece. As a professional I would be at the home for a walk through on thier final day, without being to nosy or intrusive. Do they have a deposit on file?

Check tenants rights in that area, to protect you and them

They have probably been through alot, paying rent to a landlord who is  not paying the motgage?  

Better seek legal counsel on this one.  Zillowites like me tend to mouth off on these legal topics when they shouldn't.

I'd drop it. Lighting fixtures are cheap at Home Depot and by the time  you calculate the time spent worrying about it it ain't worth it.

Relax, have a beer and hope that they don't pull the copper out of the walls.

Well knowing that light fixtures are pretty cheap at the big box Home Depots and Lowes places, I'd be pragmatic and let them take the fixtures, as long as they don't damage the property or burn it down.