Profile picture for BonnieJohnson38

looking to move to waterville area in the spring--how can i get a line on rentals this early

August 03 2013 - Waterville

Here are two more places that might be worth a look.

http://www.keystonemanagement.com
http://www.vpmmaine.com

Craigslist is another place to look.  Many landlords don't have the money to pay a realtor or management company to advertise their apartments, so most of them take advantage of any and all free advertising they can.so

Hope this helps.  If all else fails, please feel free to contact me.   I know a few people who have rental units available from time to time.

Profile picture for apeterson221
Hi Bonnie,

It is going to be pretty tough to firm anything up this early. Landlords are not going to hold a property for that long since time=money for them.

I am not sure if you are familiar with the Waterville area, or if you are going there blind. I just recently made a move to a city that I have never been to in my life. If this is you than I can give you some advice on what worked for me.

First, the best you can do right now is figure out whether you want to be in an apartment, condo, townhome, duplex, fourplex, or single family home. This helps to eliminate all the stuff you do not want, and help you focus on what is important. Next, I would do research and make a list of as many property management companies or apartment complexes in the area. About 45 days out start watching the listings on the sites that you find. I did this and found a couple homes that I liked. Neither of them rented and so I was able to offer them a lower monthly payment. 

Here are a couple of websites I found for you to help get you started.

www.perkinsmanagement.net
www.spectrumpropertiesofmaine.com

I hope this helps!