Profile picture for kayla 2822

mortgage loan

I got pre-approved back in thr beginning of may for a home loan and my credit was slightly above 650 and out of no where I got a claim against me for medical bills and most I dont even owe it was a mix up with the billing department. Ive been reading and I hear they usually will re-pull your credit before closing even though mines supposed to be good for another 3 months. I was going to try and buy a foreclosure and I just feel like all hope is lost for me buying a house. Since most places only check to make sure I didnt go and buy a big purchase, will this claim even be a big deal? Do I still have any hope in buying my deam home?
  • June 12 2014 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for USMortgageRanger
Yes your Lender will pull a new report prior to closing and will used those debt to factor in the new DTI. It is best that you work to clear up this issue ASAP to avoid it being an issue later and affect your buying power.

When our company re-pulls credit two days before closing its to check if any new debt was incurred.  It's called a soft pull and doesn't affect your score. I am not sure how your Lender will handle your medical claim.