Profile picture for needanswer

mortgage with foreign income

I am a US citizen, had been working in the US for many years until recently I took a job overseas, my salary is paid in foreign currency.  I am going to buy a house in the US for my family. Can any body tell me where can I find a bank that I can use my foreign income to borrow mortgage from? I have very good credit scores, and enough down payment (old house was sold already). I am in Georgia, Thanks.
  • July 28 2011 - Atlanta

Profile picture for needanswer
Yes, I will, but not until Jan 2012 when we file the 1040,  I started this overseas job from Jan 2010, I was always working in the US before that, should I wiat until 2012, or I can do now? thanks

Profile picture for Ray Stevens

Are you reporting the income on your US tax returns?

Profile picture for needanswer

Thanks, it might be common in CA, but not in GA, unfortunately the answer so far is no, anybody can help for sure?

Profile picture for OelrichTeam
This is a pretty common situation, and most lenders would be able to provide a loan under these circumstances.

It's been more than a week since you posted this---were you successful in getting started with a lender?

You will need to have your pay stubs, employment agreement or contract, translated by a certified translator.  You will need to demonstrate equivalency of your salary into US dollars.

If you have a good credit, enough down payment, acceptable debt-to-income ratios ,and can document that your job overseas is a permanent job and not seasonal or short term, I don't see why you can't get approved for a mortgage loan.