Profile picture for KaitlinJacobs

moving out of state

Hi! I am currently a CA resident and i am dipping my toes into moving out of state (first time buyer also). I have a small issue just looking at photos online at these houses. I would definitely want to do a few walkthroughs before actually putting an offer on / purchasing a home. (naturally) I also don't know exactly how working with a lender works, especially for someone who wants to buy out of state...

any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! (You guys give bang- up answers, i love it!)
  • June 04 2013 - Yorba Linda
  • 0

Best Answer

I'm assuming that you're considering completing the transaction while still in CA, right?

If so, I've used FaceTime when viewing homes and reviewing an inspection report. If you're not an iPhone / iPad / Mac user, Skype or other video conferencing can work well, too.

I prefer video conferencing with a client vs. creating a video for them. I've even done this for local buyers who were too busy to drive to the home for viewing.

Just make sure you do your due diligence when hiring an agent in the other state.

Hello Kaitlin,

First and foremost, you want to get pre-approved for a loan. Speak with several lenders and decide what is best for you. Also, look for an agent that is a REALTOR® because they are bound to a very strict code of ethics. When you do find one, have him/her send you as many pictures and/or videos as possible. Not only of the exterior and interior but also of the surrounding homes. Look at satellite images to give you data on nearby streets, businesses, schools, and freeways. I hope this helps.