Profile picture for westgene

moving soon, which area is best, NW, NE, SW or SW?

Using Grand and Bell as the center point which area is the area with the least number of 911 calls? The safest, stable neighberhood?
  • June 20 2011 - Surprise
  • 0

Opinions vary, I have clients that like one area over the other but then again, you guys might have different set of needs.  Are you working with an agent?  First thing I send clients is the Buyers Advisory guide, which has live links for things like schools, crime rates, and etc.  I will include a live link for crime rates.  Far as price per sq ft, well the winner there is NE.
If you are not working with a local agent, or Realtor, read some reviews, call one and let them start working for you.  Most charge you nothing to be your buyers agent, I don't.  Best of luck.
Spirit
http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/police/stats

Dear Gene:

Here you can check for block by block crime report for all four quadrants you are interested in: http://www.trulia.com/crime/#

The State of Arizona "Buyers Advisory" also gives you more links where you can get the information you need.

Jeff Masich, Realtor
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart

Interesting question. I guess you could find safe neighborhoods in any direction you look. Phoenix is a very interesting place as you have very nice neighborhoods next to not so nice neighborhoods.

To check for crime statistics you could visit each town's website. Some of them publish their police maps online. Or you could call each town's police department.

Town's close to that intersection are Surprise, Waddell, El Mirage, Sun City West, etc.

Trulia also has an interactive crime map that shows crime statistics in a heath map. You can find it in the right side of their homepage.

I hope this helps.

Jose Dias, REALTOR
Realty One Scottsdale

the NE and NW areas are very different though.
if you want to give me a call or email me I can run
through the basics on both areas.

NW and NE are the prettiest and are premium areas.