Profile picture for negot

my home has not been updated on the zillow sight for years. How can I change that?

I would like a new photo and zestimate update on my home because I plan to list it for sale soon. How can I get it u[dated?

May 26 2011 - Shorewood

Best Answer
Zillow gets satellite images from a third party provider, and Z doesn't have control over the updates.   Claiming your home and adding your own photos will help considerably.

If you have edited facts on your home recently, be aware it takes a few weeks to a few months for the Zestimate to update.   Features such as a flagstone patio are not part of the public facts used for the Zestimate, so are best called out using the "my estimate' feature.

Profile picture for negot
thank you for your helpful response. I did not know that I can "claim" my home on Zillow and I appreciate the helpful tips.

Claim your home and "edit" the facts who wish.

I am in Illinois and would be more than happy to help you out.  Feel free to contact me at any time!

Profile picture for negot
you can look at the satellite of any home and it will mention a zestimate for it even when not listed. The zestimate of my home is very low and the picture shows no improvements that have been made several yrs ago such as a 45 x 15 paver patio and a lot of improved landscaping and mature trees now and so forth. When people look at the picture, I will want them to see the actual way it looks not some lame picture from years ago and I will want them to see an improved zestimate. I look on realtor.com and zillow often for home searches that I prefer to do on my own. That's how I found the home I'm purchasing soon. I use satellite all the time. 

I wonder why your headline has you with your home on Zillow for years? However to answer your question that why you should a good REALTOR.