Profile picture for jamison18929

my house estimate is lower than my neighbors which is the same house. We have much larger lot why

my house is exactly the same size and model as our neighbors which has a higher estimate.  We have a much larger lot.  Our house estimate is much lower than the other.  Why?

December 27 2008 - Jamison

I would say that Zillow calculates estimates based on public tax record information filed with the recorder of deeds in the courthouse. Sometimes that info is inaccurate. Though its neat to see the numbers these types of sites come up with, its situations like these that prove how important it is to have multiple estimates. If your home is exactly the same as your neighbors, using our common sense, chances are its worth the same! If you are interested in finding out the actual value in todays market, contact me!