my realtor made a deal with my soon to be ex husband and tried to sell our home without my knowledge

I have lost everything as a result . my husband is 84 and suffers dementia and I am a recovering alcoholic Please help me
  • June 04 2012 - Miami Beach

Profile picture for Best Miami Beach
This is certainly a predicament, and also a question to be directed at your attorney, best of luck.

You say "soon to be ex husband" so you must have an attorney.  You are in a real bind, if your husband suffers from dementia, he is not able to sign any legal documents, whoever has the power of attorney will have to be the person making the decisions.  If you are on the Deed the property cannot be sold without your knowledge and authorization.  I am raising those points for you to think about them, but you really need the assistance of an attorney asap.  By the way, I would probably terminate my relationship with that agent and find myself another one who can represent YOUR interests.    God bless you and hang it there you can do it!!!

If your name was on the title, it is not possible to sell without your signature unless you had signed over power of attorney to someone. If the house is sold and you weren't involved,    Please contact a lavvyer.