Profile picture for ccliffnorm

my sq footage is incorrect; an architect that was measuring my house says it should be

1132.81 sq feet (this is correct sq footage for my house) not 1000 sq feet.
Also street view has my address as 3308 folsom when it should be 3306 Folsom St...thank you for correcting this

Norm Phelps, owner
  • April 30 2012 - Bernal Heights
  • 0

Norm, I don't know if this is the situation in your case, but we attribute only air conditioned/heated space to 'living area'. So if the add'l sq footage represents an outside laundry room off the carport, or a patio, it wouldn't be counted. I suggest you talk to your agent and him how he calculated the area.
Good Luck -
Joyce Albert, Keller Willilams Realty Professionals

Hi Norm

It's great that you are trying to correct your property facts on Zillow. Please remember that it will take a while for the value to adjust accordingly. It could take several weeks but it will eventually adjust. When I represent sellers, the first thing I do is to help them correct Zillow property facts so there is enough time for the adjustment before we go to market.

The map view is through google so it may not be all that easy for Zillow to adjust it. Try contacting Neil Roxas, "NeiL R" at Zillow. He may be able to help with the map.

Regarding the square footage, you can click the edit button (yellow pencil icon) and claim your home on zillow. Then go through the details and update and/or correct the information. I would post the sq.ft. "per architect", as Thomas Trifon has already indicated however, I would round the value down to 1132. It's better to err on the low side.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Best,

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.

Profile picture for Thomas Trifon
There is not one way to measure square feet.

ou should attribute the source of the measurement from whom you got it from: public records, architect, owner, etc. It is a good idea to have it in writing from the architect too.

Don't use 1132.81; round up.

Good luck.