Profile picture for kte07

my wife and I or I should say are family are going to move next year and are lookiing at Vermont, wh

need to get house ready to sell
  • July 13 2012 - Murray
  • 0

Along with the other suggestions. Start to De-Clutter. Since you are moving out of state as well Im sure thats on the top of your list but it is one of the easiest things to do that helps the most.
As far as your home value is concerned. It would be good to start looking at what your home is worth now so that you can plan for how much cash you will have from your sell. Feel free to contact me for more information on what your home is worth or you can go to[hotlink removed by Zillow moderator.]  to get actual homes on the mls that are sold, active, or under contract.  The great thing about the report that you will like is that you wont get spammed and it will email you every 30 days with a new report!

take care,

Justin Critchfield
[Contact information removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

Before you do anything, I suggest you invite a few Realtors to do a comparative market analysis of your property and make suggestions on how to improve your property to make it more competitive as you enter the market.  The best of luck!!!

Hi!

If you're asking what do you need to do to get house ready to sell?

Well, neutral paints, not necessarily white or off white etc. Usually more muted colors NOT Red, Burgundy which I see in many kitchens, dining rooms, & living rooms. I've seen some designer shows where the designer uses these colors and it looks fabulous but for some reason when homeowners take this on themselves it does not turn out great.

Usually more earthy tones Taupe, muted shades of green, and some lighter browns, tan etc. Just not too dark or bright, vibrant. I've seen a beautiful Sage Green in homes that looks nice.

I've seen some kitchens painted yellow, with decor which it looks quite nice and have buyers still say they don't like it. Personal preference I guess. You're safer with neutral colors of paint as well as carpeting.

Don't do any major renovations, improvements etc. It'd be a good idea to have an inspector take a look at your home and take care of any repairs beforehand. Then you'd feel much more confident when the buyer's inspector comes around.

I hope this information helps you. Call me if you have further questions or concerns.

You should start as soon as possible.    The first thing is to understand what would make your house stand out as compared to house other houses in the same price range in your area.  Ask friends to look at your house from a buyers perspective and tel you what they would like and not like to see. You can then form a plan to work in those areas.  Also, do not underestimate the value an experienced agent can bring in the sell process.