need a release for expired contract?Hi,We submitted an offer on June the 15th that would expire on June the 16th at 10 pm. We did not get a response by the deadline. The day after it expired (or possibly the next) the listing realtor contacted our realtor to say that they verbally accepted. our realtor said we would like to get it in writing before proceeding. They waited until June the 22nd, 6 days after it expired, to submit our old (expired) contract back to us as accepted. They had dated it the 16th. Our realtor has it in writing from theirs that they did not sign it until the 22nd. We have decided we don't want to go forward with the house, and now they (both realtors) are demanding that we sign a release from the contract or we are still under contract. We don't think it is necessary since A., the contract says if no response by expiration date the contract is null and void, and B., their dating on the contract is fraudulent. In fact, we are worried that if we sign the contract release we are validating their claim. It basically makes it sound like everyone accepted the 16th and now we want to back out. do we have to do anything or are we free from the contract? thanks.June 25 2014 - US00YesReport a ProblemProblemSelect oneOffensive contentIrrelevant contentSpam (pure self-promotion)OtherDetailsYour emailPlease enter a valid email address.Submit CancelContent flaggedWe will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.