Profile picture for tnypemberton

pond front home adds how much value to the home?

• April 01 - Town of Plymouth
  • 0

Profile picture for tnypemberton
Thank you for all your replies..When people drop by and see the view for the 1st time..they are blown away..My husband and I did a lot of landscaping.And the four seasons never get boring.I will miss my front row seat ,for sure.Thanks,Tanya P
  • April 02

Waterfront/Water views are great selling points for a property. Its all about location, lot size, and specifics to each property. Most buyers enjoy the option to belong to the local association and will utilize the beach/pond area. Plymouth has so much to offer and is known for beautiful beaches and ponds. When questions come up regarding flood insurance it's critical to have a realtor that is knowledgeable and is able to provide resources for specific information. This could have an impact on pricing and its important to understand all specifics when buying or selling waterfront properties. I work for Waterfront Realty Group and work in Plymouth frequently. I will be happy to provide a complimentary market analysis anytime or answer any additional questions.
  • April 02

Profile picture for sarahleonard
It really depends on what buyers in your area are looking for.  Some buyers may find it appealing while others may see it as a danger to kids and pets.  Best of luck to you!
  • April 02

Water views do not necessarily add any specific value to the home - but could definitely be a great selling feature that boosts the marketability and desirability of the home.  Make sure that the feature is photographed and included in the listing and marketing materials.  Every success!
  • April 02

In my area, Cape Cod, having water front, salt or fresh is very desirable and commands a premium price.
 Did you ask a question about a garage adding value yesterday?   If so my answer would be about the same. It is hard to put an actual value on pond front and just like the garage you would need to look at recently sold houses in your area and compare a simlar home that is on the pond to one that is not and what they sold for.   
 Sunnyview has a good point that ponds can be seen as a danger to kids much like a swimming pool. Both of these will knock out some buyers.  
 Is the pond clean for swimming and fishing?  Are boats with motors or only without allowed?  Can you have a dock?  All of these will add to the value for the right buyer.   The dangers for kids aside  I say a having a home on a pond adds value.  How much value is in the eyes of the owner and the buyer.
  • April 02

In my area, it adds zero, but your area may be different. Ponds are somewhat common where I live, but buyers with children don't like them and grandparents with grandchildren don't want them close to the house.

Some buyers enjoy a waterview, but some of those buyers don't like the mud drift and natural smell of ponds. I would ask several local agent what they think since buyers in your area may feel differently about pond front than buyers in my area seem to.
  • April 02