Profile picture for 2sleepy

prepaid tax on refinance

I am refinancing my home, this should close on Oct. 10 but I'm not comfortable with some figures on the HUD-1.  On line 1004 "property tax 4.0 months @ $219.18 per month (then there is an aggregate credit on line 1007 for $431.18 but I have no idea what that refers to).  On line 1305 there is an entry "taxes due at closing $657.47". My property taxes are paid quarterly, the next payment is due December 1st 2013.  Do those figures make sense or should I push for an explanation from the lender? 
  • October 05 2012 - Reno
  • 0

Profile picture for 2sleepy
thanks so much!

It seems like they made it harder on themselves to explain then they had to.  Your taxes are due on or before your first payment.  That results in the line for $657.47.  The escrows could have then been set at 2 months of taxes which is a standard buffer we all use.  They instead escrowed for 4 which triggered the aggergate adj. to give you about 2 back.  In the end all basically the same.