Profile picture for rcsd01

price comparibles ("comps")

Is there a way to locate online home price comparibles (comps) for a certain area or community without having to go through a realtor?  I'm looking to buy a home in a certain area, but I would like to be able to pull my own "comps" to know what homes have previously sold for in that particular area, but I don't know how to locate this info online.  Can anyone help me, please?  thank you
  • April 24 2010 - Rapid City
  • 0

I am not aware of any public web sites with sold information.  A Realtor can tell you all the homes that are currently for sale in an area, and also any that have sold and for how much, how long they were on the market.  If you want to contact me, I can see if I can help with comparables in Western South Dakota.

You can pull active listing home comparables on my website by doing a property search or www.bhmls.com. As far as pulling solds at this point it is not possible. You can contact a realtor for comparable solds.  I can certainly help you with this. You can also sit down with a realtor like myself or any others and observe the parameters they use to search the solds in a particular area. This may help you feel you ae getting a unbias search. Being involved in the search you can see first hand that they are pulling what you want to see.  If you are working with a good realtor they will want to make sure you purchase a home at a fair price so that you are happy with their services and continue to be someone you would recommend to others in the future. Finding a good realtor is key to helping you make a smart purchase.