qr codes

Do you find the qr codes effective in marketing?

May 10 2012 - Town of Hamburg

I placed QR Codes on my postcards going out and am seeing them in other agents advertisements, but I have not heard of responses either way at this time. Personally, I believe QR codes matter and are not used much in USA (YET), but it is coming...I prefer to be on the forefront of technology and am including it on everything now.

But... I include my QR Code AND website at this time which is ridiculously redundant, but I am getting people used to the idea.....I don't know if my reply helped in any way - but thought I would let you know that I am in a similar boat.
Juliette

I believe I am one of the few Realtors in my market that uses QR codes. I use them in advertising my web site, but also use them for each listing I have. I create a QR code for the virtual tour for each listing and apply it to the yard sign. 
Buyers can then drive by, snap the code & they have the virtual tour for that house on their phone. I have noticed that activity is increasing in the number of views.
My sellers love the idea, and I think it's much better than a flyer box full of soggy flyers.

I think the people who do scan and access them want them/expect them, and those who don't care about them ignore them. It takes all of a minute to create one, and shows an agent's attention to detail.

Stephanie - I love your idea about having it on the yard sign and unique per virtual tour! Thank you so much for sharing this idea with us. Juliette

You can't open a Homes and Land magazine here without seeing a QR code on every ad. I have been intrigued with the ugly little images but speaking with people in the 22-35 age bracket they seem to think they are of little value if they even know what they are. Are they a fad waiting to happen or has the fad passed of fissiled?  I wish there was a way to track their use by how often it is accessed. I guess you could develop a unique url that is only advertised by the QR code to track it.

This QR business is BS. It never caught on and no one knows what it is for...not even young people! just put a website down and be done with it.

qr codes
Profile picture for Greg Von Herzen, GRI,MCNE
Latest reply by Greg Von Herzen, GRI,MCNE
May 13 2012 | 6 answers
  • Posted by Nan Malysza
  • In Agents

1. 4464 Crestridge Dr, Hamburg, NY Home For Sale
    4464 Crestridge Dr, Hamburg, NY 14075

2. 6462 Hackberry Dr, Lake View, NY Home For Sale
    6462 Hackberry Dr, Lake View, NY 14085

3. 2199 Hunters Hollow Ln, Lake View, NY Home For Sale
    2199 Hunters Hollow Ln, Lake View, NY 14085