Profile picture for dlg16

remove home from zillow

• September 07 2009 - Mequon
  • 0

DC,
I understand your frustration especially after you tried to get it resolved for so long. There has to be a way to remove those double listings for sale on your house. The listing that your original broker posted that is still up is probably coming off of an old realtor feed so it just keeps popping up when the feed gets updated with the old info. If you contact your broker, they should be able to to take it off the feed so it goes away for good. Zillow can let them know too, but it is often faster if you make the call. 

The second listing with the new broker and the double photos should just be an edit on by the broker if they added the photos originally. If someone else added them, you can post a request to remove the double photos. I have seen Zillow answer those requests fairly regularly.

I obviously cannot see your listing, but many realtors add a house to the database with a slightly different address to sell it on a new house page without the Zestimate showing. If any of your listings are like that, the system thinks they are separate houses and so when the updates come they miss some of the old postings that up. I have seen that happen with other houses. Sometimes it means that a house is for sale at different prices, one on the original house page and one on an old listing page with a slightly altered address. I am sorry that you are having a hassle with this and I really hope Zillow can straighten it out. It is doable and I hope they get it fixed for you. You request is reasonable and as the owner I think you have to right to ask for help fixing it.

Profile picture for DCFrye
I "fought" with zillow for quite a while about multiple listings for my home, and was unable to get anywhere with it.  I now see there are 3 listings.  The original one, the one my broker did, which somehow lost all its information, and now another the broker did, with double photos.

Great job Zillow.  Really gives you a lot of confidence.

And yes, I am being snarky.

dlg16 -

Are you referring to your property that is posted for sale?

If you want to remove the posting, here are the steps to follow:

1. Log-in to your Zillow account.
2. Go to Favorite Homes and click on the link to your property.
3. On the home details page, click "Edit status" beside your home price.
4. Choose from the dropdown list the reason for taking down the posting.
5. Do not forget to tick the disclaimer and hit the Create Your Listing button.

Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Zillow posts public information and user input data, they are under no obligation to remove your home, nor will they.