Profile picture for demau

remove listing

Please tell me how in the hell do you remove my data from your site. I cannot find the process to eliminate the data. I want it removed now.
  • July 15 2007 - US
  • 3

Profile picture for golflady
I'm in the same boat. Can't figure out how to get the damn thing off.

Profile picture for zorrito
I have the same question, and see that others do too. If enough of us have the same problem, we may want to hire legal help.

Zillow is stupid to have built a system that says it will easily do something and no one can find out how to do it. A simple delete button or change procedure is an absolute must for a professional company. Zillow personnel need to stop hiding behind a telephone answering machine which reroutes us back to the same old crap. If everyone who is unhappy with zillow would just make a comment at Alexa.com/Amazon stating what poor service they get, maybe the head office would come into the workplace and see that they are about to lose their investment. Gerry

Profile picture for giroskell
Are you all saying you don't want your homes to appear in any way, shape or form in Zillow's data? Your info (address, bed/bath, sq. footage) is public.

Depending on where you live, it's quite likely your county or state maintains an online database that features the same information on Zillow. You can't pretend the home doesn't exist.

This is said as a Zillow user, not an employee or anything.

Profile picture for temmejil

HELP ME GET THIS OFF......THERE IS NO REAL HELP..A PERSON TO EMAIL OR SPEAK TO...WHAT THE HECK ?

CAN SOME ONE DO SOMETHING?   

demau and Carol -

We're sorry but we cannot allow deletions to our database. If we allow deletions then we would not be able to provide these services to help users make smarter real estate decisions.

Checking on both your accounts, I see that the information we have about your homes are already from the public records. As we stated previously, the information on Zillow.com is public information. To this extent, it is not in fact personal information that anyone owns and can suppress. You should know that public land records also identify the owner by name, but we have taken the extra precaution not to list owner information on Zillow.com.

To the extent, we hold any personal information about you as a user, we protect it in accordance with our confidentiality policy.

temmejil -

As mentioned to demau and Carol, we cannot allow deletions to our database.  However, you may remove the posting of your home if you do not want it to show as "For Sale" on our website.  Kindly follow the steps to do so:

1. Log-in to your Zillow account.
2. Search for your home address.
3. Click "Edit status".
4. Select the reason that you want ("This home is currently for sale", "This home has a pending offer", "This home has been sold", or "This home is no longer for sale").
5. Then click "Create your listing".

Profile picture for nprender

How do I remove my PERSONAL INFORMATION telephone number from the listing??  I did not want it posted to the entire Internet and I consider this to be personal information, yet I didn't get a choice -- you took it from my personal profile information and posted it.   HOW DO I GET RID OF IT FROM THE POSTING as I'd prefer that people contact me, via the secure email, vs. posting my telephone number. 

Hi nprender-

Your account shows that you have no claimed home. Please provide the address of the listing you are referring to so that I can check the information to further assist you.

Profile picture for NO GAMES

I THINK ZILLOW IS AS CLUELESS AS THE WHOLE MARKET IS.BUT TO DROP HOME MARKET VALUES BY 50,000 TO 100,000 IN 4 MONTHS IS ABSURD.HOW ARE YOU GOING TO JUSTIFY SOMEONES HOUSE VALUE BY A FORECLOSURE MARKET. IT'S NOT FAIR FOR THE TRUE HOMEOWNERS  FOR THIS ONGOING PROBLEM.

IT IS ALSO NOT FAIR TO POST A 30 DAY CHANGE FOR LESS THAN YOU HAVE ALREADY CHOPPED OF THE PRICE. EXAMPLE- ZILLOW SHOWS ONLY A 500.00 DOLLAR CHANGE IN THE LAST 30 DAYS WHEN I CHECK REGULARLY AND IT'S MORE LIKE 42,000.00 IN THE LAST 30 DAYS. AGAIN ZILLOW DOES NOT JUSTIFY!THEY JUST ZERO IT OUT AND DECLINE FROM THERE...B.S. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, YOUR POSTED FACTS ARE STARTING TO LOOK LIKE THE SHADY LENDING PRACTICES THAT WENT ON FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS..

Profile picture for sarah smyth mcintosh

how do you remove your listing when you ahve sold your home?  There is no contact for zillow? and there is no way to change listing without saying you own home?  Zillow should already ahve the information form the public records...

Profile picture for NO GAMES

Can Zillow also explain why they are basing home values off of bank-owned properties sold.If they are checking data like they say they would realize this. Yes we are in hard times right now but for those who bought there homes to live in and not profit from like all the people who thought they could afford a 400,000 home, but couldn't even afford a 30,000 car payment.

Zillow is only adding fuel to an already scorched market.Stop basing on BANK-OWNEDSOLD PROPERTIES, they are marked down to get rid of by BANKS (AGAIN THEY MADE THERE MONEY).These postings are hurting the true american homeowners more than zillow and any other company posting comps based on bank-owned properties. It is as unprofessional as the lenders and realtors who caused this market crisis in the first place.

Profile picture for LdyHearts

The owners of this site need to be sued!  They are publishing home values based on little or no information and even admit it!  I'll be contacting my attorney tomorrow!  It's no surprise that one of their advertisers is Lending Tree.  Read about them on line and you'll understand why they are business partners.

Profile picture for buppie2002

To giroskell

The information that cities and counties provide is public information but, you will never find a city or county that provides a estimate based on this information. Even home apprasiers don't use that information.Sounds like you better read your Zillow employee handbook before you try to answer any more questions.

Profile picture for restonhome4sale

This site was a waste of time and in fact hurt me when I was trying to sell my home fsbo.  I STILL haven't been able to delete my house even though I sold it in October 2007.  The comps were hateful.  I had prospective buyers use the info against me.  They were not even comparing apples to apples [ tried to pair my home up as a condo property)  I would love to see someone take this site to class action.  This was the absolute worst site I used as a fsbo\!  If any one knows how I can remove delete my listing please email me: restonhouse4sale@cox.net.

Profile picture for debenham

This site is crap - saying that the values in the Greensboro NC area are falling at such a huge rate is totally false. Your Zestimate shows that my listing is $50,000.00 too high!  Thanks for  helping perpetuate the myth that the housing crisis is nation wide and there are no localized realestate areas that are holding there own - and you are suppposed to help us sell our homes? And now  you will not allow us to remove our listing from your site - sounds like we need to get a class action suit stared against this butthead website. Any lawyers out there th at would like to get this stared? I wil be the first to sign up.

Rick Debenham

I will second all negative comments above.  Good Lord, I cannot find the so-called "Edit Status" on a listing I posted, which sold LONG LONG ago.  I want it off!  If I had the ability to post it as a real estate agent, I sure should be able to take it off!!  Public info?  It wasn't posted by Zillow, it was posted by ME.  I want to take this listing off!  It is stuck on "pending".  From now on, when a client wants their house to appear on Zillow, I'll tell it what a bogus site it is and WON'T do it!!

PJ

Dear Zillow;  I want to remove my listings from your site, but as I now find out, you refuse to allow me to do that.  It is not your listing!  The options you privide (for sale, pending, sold, no longer for sale) are not adequate.  Your site is non responsive, you do not own the listing, my real estate company does.  It is not public domain, it is a contract between a real estate company and a seller, not you!  Please delete my listings from your site.  Wally Emil

• Ice L.Zillow

Wally -

I just checked your account that you no longer have a home posted on the site. Kindly reply with the address if there's anything we might have missed so that we can further check on it. Also, there are two ways to manage your listings on the site. One is through listings feed and manually entered listings. Changes and updates should be done on the main source of the listings.

Profile picture for Al from Cal

I purchased a home at 4810 Kingpine Road, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274 on February 29, 2008. The purchase price was $760,000. Zillow is now listing the property "for sale" at $875,000. This property is not currently for sale. Please remove the "for sale" sign from this property.

Al from Cal -

I have checked on the property and noticed that you have released the claim of the home. You have to be the claimed owner of the property to have the authority to make changes on the home.

Please re-claim the property so that we can process your request.

please take the listing at 1828 w seldon way phoenix arizona out of your zillow system.

'Thanks, Elizabeth Vincent

Hi Elizabeth-

Our record shows that you have taken down the posting. However, it will still be posted again for sale with you as the listing agent. Kindly update your database/feed by removing this address from the source of the feed (homes.com). This will stop the home from being marked as for sale on Zillow every time our system updates the site or checks the feed.

Thanks for your patience.

Profile picture for First Prestige Mortg

I have 2  duplicate listings. Needs to be deleted. Please provide me the process. I am also trying to edit my listings the changes are not taking in the system

• Ice L.Zillow

Urling Real Estate -

Are you referring to your listing at 45 Berkshire? If yes, please click this link to change the status to No Longer For Sale. Once done, please advise us so that we can forward the duplicate for deletion.

Hi Autumn -

Your account shows that you have two listings with duplicates. Just to clarify, are you referring to the deletion of your listings from our database? Please see below some information about your listings with duplicates on the website:

45 Berkshire Pl , Irvington, NJ 07111 - one with Zestimate came from public records through our data providers and the other listing is manually created.

273-275 Shepard Ave , East Orange, NJ 07018 - both listings are manually created but the other listing was posted via an automated data feed.

Let me note that we can only remove listings that are manually created and are not posted via an automated data feed. Furthermore, can you please provide me the complete address of the listing you are trying to edit?

Profile picture for WMRay

I don't care whether you list the home, a value, etc., but I can't figure out how to make it not for sale any more.

WMRay -

An agent has posted your property for sale via an automated data feed. I have already advised the agent to remove this listing from the broker feed so it will no longer be posted as for sale when zillow system updates the site or checks the feed. Once it's removed from the source of the feed, it will also be removed from Zillow site.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Profile picture for argopuro

How do I get rid the zestimate value off my profile?  It is way too low and I am trying to sell my house.  I do not want any chart or any sale history posted in your web site.  I think it is not fair for you to post other's information at your web site without permission.  Even if some of us smart enough to get public info at the county offices.  pls remove unwanted info from: 45 St. Croix at Laguna Niguel, California.  Thank you

Profile picture for HouseRight
I think Zillow should keep the entire listing activity, as well as any other helpful and truthful information relating to a home's value and/or sales potential on the site. And frankly, given the fact that we are in the beginning phase of the "Greatest Depression", I think Zillow is way too generous with their home estimates. I tell my clients to look at the pre-1994 sales info, because that's where the prices are heading. Anyone paying more than that for a home today, will be under water within 5 to 7 years. Hard times are ahead! Living in tents, yurts, and shacks will become more commonplace.

1. 1
  2. 2