Profile picture for cjnoe1013

rental value

I live in the Villages of Southport and I would like to rent my house but don't know what value to put for the rental. Where and how do I start to research this?
  • January 31 2011 - Orlando
  • 0

Cjnoe1013,

I've looked up whats been renting in your neighborhood and the rental comparable properties range between $900 - $1050.  Without knowing the details of your home this is the only numbers I can provide.  Hope this helps, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me!

Jeramie Vaine
jvaine1@gmail.com
978.870.9429

You may also call a local realtor and they can help you determine the rental price for your house by preparing a CMA (comparitive market analysis). This service is usually free so why not give a try.
You may also try to visit realtor.com and see for how much the similar houses are on the market.

I am not familiar with that area, otherwise i would help you out. but sometimes the easiest way to find out what the rental value should be is to do some research on craigslist and see what similar properties are going for.  the other unconventional way of doing it is to assume you have 70-75% mortgage on the house and see what your monthly payment would be.  add any other HOA or monthly fees to that value and expect to get that from your tenants....