retired moving to oregon

i own my house (paid off) at 1209 el portal Tracy ca. 95376 would like to get myself back to Oregon. the mid price on this house is 180k. I have 65 k in bank. have disability of 1500 a month threw social security and 1200 a month for another year threw insurance company. i would like to get into a place before selling this house. i don't want to put everything in storage while i live out of the back of my car till i find a place. i was thinking 40k down till this house sells then paying off. even willing to go below market. there is a property i was lookin at for 98k. i would like to know what my options are. i would like to get somewhere  from the coast to bend Oregon thanks for your time and i would move today if i could. and have 60  or 70 saved on zillow that looked good. my phone [Removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.] i wait for message to hear who it is before i pick up
  • September 23 2013 - Sweet Home
  • 0

Hello!

I see that your post was last year. I just wanted to check in and see how your move to Oregon went? Where did you end up settling down? I am a Realtor in the Portland OR area. I would love to help you if you are still searching for a home to buy or just want to learn about the area.

Melissa Kasper, Broker
Licensed in Oregon
[website deleted by Zillow  moderator. please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for ABR CRS CNE
Some good advice in the previous posts and I would also recommend the following:

1. First talk to a reputable lennder or too that works in the area(s) of Oregon about your finances to see if you can finance and own 2 homes at the same time.  If you can great but if you can't there is still hope because you can put an Offer on a home in Oregon subject to the sale of your home in California.  If so, plan on closing on your home a few days to a week before you schedule your closing on your new home in Oregon.

2. To help you with the home purchase and recommendations for a good quality Lender in Oregon, find an Agent who only works with buyers (Exclusive Buyer's Agent or Buyer Agent) which you can Google ("Exclusive Buyer Agent(s), town, state") interview at least 3 that service the area(s) you are looking into and select one of them to be your Buyer's Agent before you select the home you would like to purchase.

A good Buyer's Agent will counsel and advise you, work with you and have your best interest in mind 100% of the time.  Good Luck and have fun...

Profile picture for Natasha Ochs
We are Oregon Natives, and would be honored to help you! We go above and beyond to make sure we listen to your needs! I have time tomorrow to call you for a consult of your whole situation. PLEASE let me know! 

Good advice from these two fellows.  I would also contact a Mortgage person since it sounds like you would like to finance your new home before you sell your current home.
They can help you with all the information you will need in order to do that and give you some ideas for short term financing.
If would like information on Central Oregon, please just let me know.  I would be happy to assist you.
Linda

My recommendation is to get with a Realtor in the area you are looking for such as the Oregon Coast, or the Portland Metro area, or Central Oregon/Bend area to get the process started.  They will take your information and criteria and find homes that meet your needs as well as look over the ones you have interest in already.

Oregon is very beautiful, I hope you enjoy it here.

Definitely get with a realtor in that area in Oregon to find what you want in the time you want.