Profile picture for pulap

searching for a fairfax, va buyers agent.

I'm planning to buy a SFH in the range of 150000 to 175000 in the next 2-3 months. What is the possibility of the tax credit being extended ? I'm also searching for a buyers agent in fairfax, VA. Is it possible to find a 3 bedroom SFH in this price range I have seen a few sites which do show SFH in the price range but I'm sure the agents will have a bigger Database with more houses. Also Is this the best time to buy a house ? Or should I wait for some more time before proceeding ? I have 5-7K for down payment. I'm looking for someone who can help me in buying my dream house keeping my interests intact. I was looking for someone who can forgo the closing costs which I'm sure is not impossible.

To add to it I have a credit score of 710 and a steady income of 60K per year.
  • February 11 2010 - Fairfax
  • 0

Marge and Ritu are correct. Finding a SFH in Fairfax is challenging right now. Looking at a  town home is a good suggestion, and you may want to  look at other areas in Fairfax County. Townhomes in surounding areas that meet your price range are available and some of them are quite spacious, but it really comes down to your needs and what aspects are most important to you. 

The best next step for you would be to find an agent who can go over your needs with you, help you get prequalified (if you are not already), and help you get more familiar with the types and amount of homes available in the areas you are interested in.

I hope this helps, but if you have any more questions, just ask.

SFH's in Fairfax in your price range will be hard to find. I am willing to help you. Now is a great time to buy a home. Your lender should be able to properly match you into a perfect loan for you. There is still programs out there that require no down payment. You can go to [link removed by moderator] to preview homes in VA. Email me with any other questions.

Good Luck !

Hello, I read your previous post also. Finding a single family home in Fairfax for that price range will be a challenge. Also you are facing a tough competition due to multiple contract/bidding war we are seeing in the market place. Not to discourage you from attending your dream, but you may want to consider purchasing a townhome. Also depending on the area you are looking to purchase you can expand your scope. Start by searching at Homedatabase.com. This website has update list of homes and searches directly from our database(MLS).