Profile picture for Dantomo Lee

searching for neighbor-hoods

currently live in a modest neighborhood with a community pool/recreation center. How can I find similar neighborhoods with rec center anchors or park anchors in the west suburbs of MSP?
  • April 04 2009 - Plymouth
  • 0

Best Answer

Perhaps have a realtor search your local MLS for houses that have home owner's dues.  From there, you can whittle down the results to neighborhoods that have the amenities that you desire.  Are you looking for a private community center for the neighborhood only or a public one in close proximity?

Um yeah...Sara...this is 2010..... post was from 2009.  Year old. Old Old Old.

Consult with a real estate professional and let's find you a place.  There are wonderful areas in the western suburbs with what you are looking for.  The search is free - call me or email me today!

LiveMSP.org is a wonderful resource for neighborhood information.
Or enlist the services of a Realtor. It's our job to find you what you want.

Profile picture for Dantomo Lee
Thanks for the ideas.  I'm not quite ready for a realtor contact so I am still information gathering.  I like the idea to search the MLS listings in the areas I am targeting to see what homes have HOA dues and to then check these areas out in person

If it was me I would find  a listing of a house in the genral area I was looking for. I would contact the listing agent and then confirm it's not a foreclosure.
Then I would ask that real estate agent all kinds of questions.
The reason for the thing about foreclosures is that some agents specialize in foreclosures and in that case they might not even be from the area the listing is in. Or they might not be interested in helping buyers.
Realtors who live and work in an area generally have a lot of information -- and it's free.

Best of luck to you.

Contact this agent from my office. He lives in the western suburbs. I'd help ya but I am city folk. (I am receiving no compensation for this referral).

http://nobuyukihata.edinarealty.com/