selling home

I have sold my home and they are doing the apprasial in a few days ,if my home apprasise for more then they paid can i send them a note asking them to let me have back a few pieces of furniture that i was leaveing ,i would like to know before i ask my realtor . I remember when i sold my last home i did send the buyer a note and they send we to me .
  • September 11 2012 - Town of Bethel
  • 0

You could--but I wouldn't. The deal is already made. Mary Ann Laurita

Unless you put something about leaving certain furniture in the contract or an addendum .. you should be taking all your furniture.

I would agree with the idea that it's a done deal already.  Typically you won't know the appraised value as the seller, unless there is a problem (it appraised for less than contract amount).

This is probably not the time to be changing things that are in the contract.   Keeping your buyer happy is important as buyers have so many choices these days.  Typically you won't be privy to th buyer's appraisal anyway as they pay for it and have no obligation to divulge the information.  As someone already said, you will hear from them if it appraises for less.  I would just be happy that you got it sold in this market!  Lots of sellers are still waiting.

Have you discussed this with your listing agent...what did the agent had to say?  Under normal circumstances there should have been an Addendum listing the non-realestate items that were being left behind.  If there is any document that lists the items and it was signed by both of you, personally, I would not ask for the items back.

Generally it goes without speaking that all the furniture goes with the owner who sells the home. Unless there are items that are listed individually on the offer that the buyer would like to have and then these are negotiated.
 It sounds like you sold your home fully furnished but now you would like to keep a few things.  Regardless of the appraisal amount let your agent know what those items are and at a good time during the sales process he could ask for them.  In some cases people have their own items etc..  and might not even want your things that they bought along with the house so you could be doing them a favor by taking them off their hands.
  It doesn't hurt to try.