Profile picture for mommie$4

selling my mobile home

i want to sell my it is too small for my growing family. It is on a lot in a mobile home park. I just want to sell it for what I owe on it. There is some wear and tear in the home such as the siding around the doors and walls and the porch needs some tlc what should I do?
  • February 04 2012 - Killeen
  • 0

The fact that the home is in a park tells me that it has a separate title from the land, meaning it is not considered real estate but rather personal property. My suggestion would be contact your local mobile home dealer and ask if they would consider a consignment sale. They may be willing to market and sell it for a fee.

A mobile or manufactured home is considered personal property like a car or utility trailer. It is not considered real estate (real property) until the axles and tongue are removed, It is placed on a solid foundation and the title is "retired"as it becomes a fixture on the land.

The easiest (and cheapest) thing to do would be to make up an ad, make copies and hand it out to the other folks in the trailer park. You could also post the ad in nearby stores, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.

You must first determine if it is real estate or personal property. Like mentioned earlier, it must be on your lot with some permanent features to be considered "real estate". The other important factor is finding a lender that can write a loan on a mobile home so you don't have to accept cash only deals.