Profile picture for fuappaa

sending emails about market values post disaster

Just a word of advice, you may want to find a way to put "your zestimate has decreased" emails on hold to people who own homes in disaster area.  I received an email from you 36 hours after hurricane Sandy flooded my house with 1 foot of saltwater and flung a tree on my roof to tell me that my zestimate had decreased.  Perhaps, people who own homes that were affected by the hurricane don't need you to tell us that the market values on our storm ravaged homes have decreased.
  • November 18 2012 - Waretown
  • 0

I'm so sorry to hear the negative impact of Sandy on your home.

Do you have a good suggestion on how Zillow can establish a  filter for those addresses?     Zestimates do not take into account natural disasters and home condition, therefore, while yours may have decreased it is likely just variation that would have been seen even if your home had not been affected by Sandy.