Profile picture for Gypser

set up search for lots

several counties in Raleigh area

February 15 2011 - Raleigh

Actually, the person asked how to do a search for lots on ZILLOW, which is what I answered...

But if one was really searching for lots, one needs more filter ability than Zillow or the MLS provides.  USGS is a helpful site for some of the info.

February 17 2011
Pasadean
once again a supercilious response .

I am not a geologist, like the people who work for my families mining companies. But I do have access to them if the client needs to look for minerals or oil on his properties. And in fact because I was raised in that environment, understand a lot about assay results.
 I am a Realtor and can find land because this particular person asked about lots, not where potentially the oil, silver, gold or other minerals are  and he didnt ask about where he could possibly grow hay or oats, again, he asked where he could set up a search for 'lots' which would seem to suggest, he was looking for a place to build a house .If the client has other needs for that property, like many Realtors, I can give him names of specialists.

February 17 2011
You know land?

But do you know "soil"?  Does your listings include soil type and conditions, and nutrient content?  What about existing weed seed content?

And does your listings include info on all vegetation on the land, and all rock and mineral types, sizes and classifications?

And what about moisture content, water table level, compaction, and slip planes?

If one wants a "real search" with real search results, how does one really get it since the needed info is not placed in the multiple listings?

February 16 2011
Talk to a realtor. I can pull up those lots for you and have an mls feed sent to you whenever any new ones come on the market. Just click on my name and email me. You can get any realtor to do that for you, if you are currently working with one. I know land.

February 16 2011
Just click on the "homes" tab, type in the county name in the box (one at a time), Click on the "more" button in the filters box to show the additional filter choices, clear all the check marks except for "lots/land" and "for sale", and set any other criterion you want.

You can also set yourself an "email alert" for the search you created.  Then after reviewing all those, repeat the the additional counties.

February 15 2011