Profile picture for Stargirlswaggar

should I stay or should I go now?

Hi, I am recently divorced and I got the sxxt end of the stick. I ended up with the house, it's a great house on almost an acre, it's like a turkey dinner with all the fixins. I also however got stuck with the mortgage and line of credit. I am also on a fixed income. The house isn't something I want to stay in. I like some parts of it, but overall, it is a bad memory that costs me more then I have.

I owe more then I should, and don't really know the true value of it right now. It was quit deeded to me so my ex is still on the mortgage and line of credit but Im told I am solely responsible. I don't know If I should keep on keeping on in it and wait another year or so, or just get out now and get into either something smaller and cheaper and cozier, or maybe even rent and not have to worry about having to be responsible to fix things up as a home ages. 

January 13 - US

I think your mind is made up and you know what the right thing for you to do is!   Check with a local agent to find out what expected appreciation will be on the home and if it doesn't make financial sense to stay than sell - turn the page and move on.

January 13
It sounds like you already know what to do.  If you can't afford the house and it is full of bad memories than you should probably sell.  Putting yourself in a bad financial position is not a good idea.  You should contact a realtor in your area to find out what your options are.

January 13