Profile picture for dfreshdee

tackiest/gaudiest/ugliest home ever

Oh my g-d, this is so ugly. it seems somebody bought the house, tore it down and put up their dream home. unfortunately (as evidenced by the 250 days without a sale), it is most people's NIGHTMARE. whoever buys it better love it and plan on living in it forever. bc nobody else will wnat to buy it.

Profile picture for dfreshdee
LaJollaFire, You are right. I can see from the satellite photos that the neighbor is doing work on the hillside.  I was told about a home on nautilus where I was told they spent over $200,000 on their hillside.  ugh.

February 08 2009
Profile picture for LaJollaFire
You haven't seen this one then.
6062 Soledad Mountain Rd (they want $4.4M)

5491 is interesting - they defaulted for $1,599,000. How did they get that big of a loan for a house that should list in the 1.2-1.3 range (it's pretty big, has a pool, little bit of a view, 92037) I agree the decor isn't for everyone, but it is expensive stuff - travertine & granite throughout.

Plus the house next to it is having $$$$$ spent on retaining the hillside, you gotta believe that 5491 is at least susceptible to the same thing.