Profile picture for ryjeor

take whatadeal off this BOARD!

Is there any way we can take whatadeal off this board........he is a joke......This is a info board for buyers,sellers, and realtors........I look forward to some advice about our property. I am sorry to you realtors that have to put up with someone that isn't using this board to their advantage.....i
  • August 04 2007 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for GollyGeee
I've been searching for advice too, let me know when you find some.

Profile picture for MJinNC
where/who are the mods?

Profile picture for GollyGeee
There is another part of this board for posting technical questions, try there!

Profile picture for bursts your bubble
even if you can what is stopping them from coming back as someone new

Profile picture for lucydjacobs
Narcissistic Personality Disorder is when weak people need attention. They don't care if it's bad or good attention, just that they get it. There are varying to degrees of it, from the jerks in restauranjts who keep sending food back to the kitchen, constantly sending coffee back saying it isn't hot enough, and giving a hard time to waitresses in order to feel they have some power in their lives...

Similarly, being a pest on boards is a need to validate one's existence, as does the kid with six brothers and sisters who throws a tantrum or breaks dishes on the floor just for mommy and daddy to realize he is there after all. Or the bully who likes to deface everyone else's books or lockers.

and there are more serious versions of this disorder, which is described in the book "The Sociopath Next Door." Fascinating stuff to read.

What makes them angriest is to be ignored as if not there - to get no reaction at all. I sometimes can't help poking fun at them, though!

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
I'm w/ you lucy, I use the "ignore" technique w/ my 6 y/o until he's done with his whine... THEN we have a conversation when he's done.

I'll be practicing the "ignore" technique here as well. Too bad! :o(

Profile picture for lucydjacobs
I'll try too!

Profile picture for ryjeor
Me too!

Profile picture for DeShonna1
Ignoring is best...I shot back at "whatadeal" and zillow sent me an e-mail telling me I was a bad girl...

I won't fall for his evil tricks ever again (HAHAHA)

DeShonna Randall
Atlanta, GA.

Profile picture for Alan May
Michael... it would be nice, if you could take a more active interest in the boards... 'cause honestly, by the time you intervene, much damage has been done, and they just leave and come back with an entirely new screen name and start up again.

Do you have the ability to block their personal ISP#s??

Profile picture for ryjeor
Oh, I agree with Almay too..........He interupts so many of us that wants good info. Thank you

He hasn't been around for awhile though.

I've stayed out of this, but I will say the moderator's job is tough. It's sometimes hard to tell a person with strong opinions from a mere troll.

There are exceptions, however, where it is obvious, so faster action would be appreciated.

Profile picture for MJinNC
how about putting in a ignore button so we can tune these ppl out. also how about a edit feature?

Profile picture for Alan May
I'd also love a "buddy list" style feature, ala AOL, that shows who's here!